Tuesday 12 May 2015

The Wonder Woman


Hello Readers !! How are you all?

Mother's Day is one occasion when everyone gets a chance to express his/her feelings for that one woman, whose presence in our life is the biggest blessing of the almighty. 

If I try to define the word 'Mother', I will actually end up with a post of maybe countless number of pages. I am not exaggerating, I am telling the truth and I know you agree with my sentiments.

Almost everyone in this world was uploading pictures with their moms and posting statuses for their mothers. Now let me tell you how I celebrated Mother's day.

On May 10th, I was scrolling the morning newspaper when my eyes stopped at an article titled "Don't celebrate Mother's Day ", which indeed was a very curios headline.The article was about how Mother's Day was 'invented'. The lead caught my interest as it explained the real meaning of Mother's Day and how we all have been celebrating it.

After reading that article, I was amazed that how incorrectly we have been commemorating this day.

We have this habit of gifting flowers and cards to our mothers, just to tell them how much we love them. We believe that this small act will help us to show our affection towards The Wonder Woman
( for me Mother is definitely a Wonder Woman ).

But there is one more thing which we can do to make our mothers extremely happy. That one idea is far better than gifting cards and flowers.

Our mothers work 24x7, taking care of the whole family and devoting all her time for the betterment of the family.

Don't you think that on Mother's day, we can actually tell our moms to just relax and sit down with ease, without any tension or stress and her children can do all her work which she has been doing for us without uttering a single word of objection?

Don't you think that on Mother's Day we take an off from our busy routine and take care of the woman who has been taking care of us since the day we opened our eyes and saw her lovely face?

Well, this is how I celebrated Mother's Day. I made her feel comfy by doing all her work. Although I am very bad at cooking but still I tried to make some delicious food for her.

And at the end of the day, my mission was accomplished. I made my mom very happy. She blessed me and kissed me on my cheeks and said 'Thankyou my dear!' 

I am not saying that gifting cards and flowers is invalid or doesn't makes sense. But yeah, helping our mothers and taking care of her just like she does will leave a long lasting smile on her face.

I will be back with my new post very soon....

Take Care
Peace
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment